wave

She bounced a racquetball against the wall in time to ‘Tainted Love’ and blew another large, pink bubble.
Great song. And again, great characterization. Lois' boredom and disinterest is very clear here.

It had been several years since her mother and sister had died in a car accident and her father had come to claim her. Since then, the pain of losing her family had dimmed to a persistent, but manageable ache behind the horror of living as a human lab rat in her father’s unit.
mecry Ellen is dead? Just when she got a strong parental figure. Also, it seems a mite suspicious losing her mother and sister in the same sort of way as Clark lost his parents... spider not sure if it's well written symmetry or setting up for something else...

I’m Star. I’m almost fourteen and an orphan since last Thursday
clap Yay! Star's back! I hope this means we'll get to see more of her coming up. I wasn't a fan of the character in the show, but giving Lois this ability and befriending Star really makes me like her. Kudos!

Black-ops Squad K. Ten of the best looking men in the U.S. Army.

lol Of *course* teenage Lois would be like this. Heck, I wouldn't mind... drool

“Ms. Lane, I want to apologize for my behavior earlier. It was insensitive to make light of your injuries.”

“Oh, my god! It’s *not* you that should apologize. You were right. I acted unprofessionally. I attacked you, pushed you to defend your actions, and give an account of your time, but I had no right.” Lois swallowed the ache in her throat and blinked away tears that sprang to her eyes. "I know that you don’t know me, but I am very sorry. I’m not sure how I can make it up to you, but I promise I will.”
Aww! Perfect. Now, kiss and make up! sloppy

Now, I don’t know what could have possibly gotten you madder than two wet cats in a burlap sack, but I don’t ever want that kind of ruckus at a press conference again, you hear?

laugh This line is so Perry it hurts. Great expression I've never heard before, did you make it up or is it real? Because I love it so much! I can just see him saying it on the show. (Did he say it on the show?)

Lois could feel Clark’s speculation at Perry’s words and she tried to will her heartbeat to normal. It would be due payment for Clark to find out about her special abilities this way, but she wanted desperately to keep them a secret now.

Love that Perry knows, and I hope to see more from Clark about finding her behavior odd and suspicious. I actually wouldn't mind somebody else blowing the lid on Lois' secret, but I like the slow reveal too. Really makes the alt-verse stand on its ear, to have Clark suspicious of Lois' abilities.

“Well, this would have been easier before press conference today, but we could always leak the ‘lover’s spat’ angle to the tabloids…”
Tee-hee. I wonder how this is gonna go... Great chapter! Can't wait to read more, hope we're vaguely heading into the HiM direction (pucker up, guys sloppy )

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain