Loved this part, BJ - my favorite so far. Here's why:

Excited, Lois concentrated on the memory, focusing on Clark’s feelings when his mother wrapped him in a hug. She saw his father’s face in her mind and tried to feel again the peace and safety his image generated. Immediately, she felt Clark relax as his thoughts turned to his dad’s advice. Carefully he sat up, raised his hand to eye level, and took a deep breath before slowly opening his eyes. It took him a couple of tries, but he was able to refocus his gaze on his hand. He let out a breath of relief.

“Thank you,” he whispered.

So much that I had never thought about in terms of Alt-Clark... how tough and scary it must have been for him to have to go through the discovery of his powers, for the most part, without his parents. Remember how I said that I wasn't sure about Lois's special gift? Well, now I love that you gave that to her. And that she used it to help Clark as he was growing up. It gives them that same destined-to-be, mythical magic that our Lois and Clark have and makes me want to root for them. I'm caring about them as much as I love our Lois and Clark, and that's different for me! In the show, I always thought the Alt-Clark eps were good, but I always focused on our Lois and Clark and how the events and situations in the eps affected them. I never gave much thought beyond, 'oh, that'd be nice if HG Wells helped Alt-Clark find his Lois.' So the fact that I'm into this story is a testament to your writing and story-telling ability!

This part was my favorite, though:

“Right,” Lois replied flatly. “You were helping the other … world. So, what is important enough to draw you away from this world? Natural disaster? Civil unrest? Kittens stuck in trees?”

Clark pinched his lips together as the listening reporters focused to hear his answer to her glib question. “It was personal,” he responded. “…and none of your business.”

I can't quote the whole section, but their conversation (should we even call it that? haha. Argument? Encounter?) was really fun. Spot on, vintage Lois and Clark. I love that in any universe, she is the one person that can get under his skin and make him lose his head a little. They bring out a passion in each other... things always get a little heated. Looking forward to the moment when they discover that heat in a different way wink

Great part!

Tracey smile