So.

The first meeting with Clark didn't go as she'd planned, so Lois has her spikes out for him. (Like this:) And instead of Clark asking her why she seems so hostile toward him, or just smiling and asking her to touch base with him later, he tries to ignore her (which has no chance of working) and gets a thorn in his paw for his trouble. How will Perry defuse this situation? How honest will each of them be? If Lois tells Clark that she can sense his strongest emotions, will he be relieved, puzzled, shocked, or threatened?

BJ, when I first started reading this, I thought you'd dropped a chapter or two after your second post because so much seemed to be missing between Lois' return and the party scene. Now, though, I see that how she took down Luthor is less important than the fact that she did it. This is about two accomplished reporters learning to coexist at the Daily Planet as much as it is about two lonely people eventually finding each other.

Random thought: Will either Lois or Clark include their attention-grabbing argument in their stories? Because it's a pretty sure bet that every other news outlet will mention it, assuming they don't lead with it.

Keep it coming, please! I want to find out how you resolve this quandary without having Clark drop Lois into an abandoned gravel quarry somewhere in Arizona.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing