Interesting.

I first read this challenge as one where Lex really is the good guy, and the Daily Planet is just a political/business tool whose ownership and employees are dedicated to defeating him while appearing to the casual person-on-the-street as the good guys. That's a story I'd like to read, and if my health were stable enough, I'd take on the challenge myself. Like Mouserocks, I like tackling alt-worlds and bending the characters to the breaking point.

I can see the Planet's setup now. For the most part, the reporters and middle management are honestly trying to report the news as it really is. But they're constantly thwarted by a small cadre of employees who slant everything touching Lex Luthor to present him as a really bad guy. There's room for a new character, too, or for bringing out a one-shot guest to be Luthor's pipeline into the newsroom. He or she would be in constant danger of exposure, and depending on how dedicated Lois and Clark et al are, might even be risking his or her life.

So many possibilities, so much pending angst, so much mistrust, so many super-powered ethical dilemmas. How far would bad Clark go to bring down Luthor? Would his moral touchstone (whoever or whatever that might be) allow him to intimidate, injure, or even kill someone? How would the spy hide from him? If Lex is a good guy, where would Nigel or Asabi fit in? Would Lex have access to Kryptonite? If so, how would he use it against Clark's Kryptonian alter ego? Or would Clark hide his abilities from the general public altogether?

Hurry up and write this, Mouserocks! My plot bunny in-basket is full!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing