Jack, mixing up his morning cup of coffee, noticed her and said to Stacy, “Doesn’t she have a job?”

Ha! Go Jack!

“Speaking of observation. Do you ever notice how she always shows up for lunch after Clark has an assignment with Lois?” He remarked sarcastically.

“Hmmm, you’re right. Wonder what that’s all about?”

I wonder indeed... Insecure much?

Lana turned and gave Lois an appraising look, then shrugged. “Not that it’s any of your concern, but I’m hungry … now. Oh, The Metropolis Star mentioned Gregory Daae’s comments about your being amateurish. I think he and Linda King got it right. Why put such a powerful man on the spot like that!”

Um.... So tomorrow's headline reads "Lana Lang Murdered By Dailly Planet Reporter, Lois Lane"

“Good Morning Ms. Lang. What brings you to the newsroom?”
“My boyfriend of course,” she said this while twining her arm around his waist, “he’s taking me to lunch.”

Clark winced and said, “Lana,” with a touch of panic in his voice.
Perry noticed the pained expression on the young man’s face and quickly sized up the situation.

“Uh… son, we really need to talk about this interview. Mr. Olsen is a good friend of Mrs. Luthor’s, so he’ll be watching very closely. An important interview like this could be a career changer.”

She just can't take a hint, huh? Oy, this is painful to watch/read...Perry has to 'rescue' Superman from his overbearing girlfriend. Yikes!

“Good advice. I take it the Luthors are not as happy as they seem?”

A slight frown cast a shadow over Catherine’s face, “They tolerate each other. According to one of my old sources Lex had an affair. There’s nothing new about that, but this time it distressed his wife to the point where she had the woman removed from Metropolis. So here’s a little more advice; if Arianna invited you to an interview and told you to bring Lois along - do it. Don’t be fooled. Mrs. Luthor might think turnabout is fair play.” With those words, Catherine vacated her seat.

Yeah, Clark can't seem to protect himself from Lana who knows what he'd do if Arianna tried something? Lois will have to 'protect' him. evil

The publisher, not in the least put off by her comment, replied, “Sorry Lois, she wants both of you there. Otherwise the deal’s off.”

Lois smiled sweetly, “Then it’s off.”

jawdrop What???? Lo-is.... dizzy

“Ah, I see. Tell me Mr. Olsen, exactly why did you buy The Daily Planet?”

The younger man was taken aback; he calculated what the old newshound was saying for a moment and answered very slowly. “I’ve always respected the integrity of this newspaper, its reputation for honestly and clear presentation of the facts is second to none.”

“Uh huh, that’s good, now what is the other reason?”

Feeling a little like he was back in grade school, but determined to stand his ground he said, “To help it generate money.”

“How long do you think we will continue to gain your second objective if you sacrifice the first? Oh, you can go ahead and have all our reporters write puff pieces, but it won’t be with me as Managing Editor or high-caliber reporters like Lane and up-and-comers like Kent. You’ll have a whole newsroom full of reporters even the Weehawken Gazette wouldn’t claim as their own.”

James Olsen looked at Perry White. He was not very keen on hearing those words and this is what his own father would have referred to as ‘a prickly conversation’. But he respected Perry’s nerve to say it and the hard won experience to back it up. He stood, signaling the conversation had come to an end and walked over to the door. “Very well Mr. White, I’ll stay in the Executive Suite and you handle the newsroom.”

I love how Perry handled 'James' and his attempt to 'handle' the interview. Nicely played.

In some ways Clark was still a boy, whereas Daae… A thought clicked and she decided to try something - push the edge of their new association a tiny bit further.

Yeah I'll bet...grumble

**muttersunderbreathaboutLanathetramp***

She secretly smiled to herself in triumph and thought, <This was far better than lunch!> She entered the elevator. Upon return to the office, she called Clark and canceled their dinner date on the pretext she had to work.

YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND!

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth???

**facepalm** Poor Clark!

shock sad grumble

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube