Realization about Clark’s ignorance spread over the older man’s face. “Well, no one could ever accuse Elvis of stealin’ a song! But that’s exactly what that low down skunk did. He didn’t just steal any story, but Lois’ story. It was an exceptional article for a seasoned journalist, but coming from a rookie like Lois it was amazing. I didn’t find out about it until it was too late.” Perry paused and then said, “He romanced the story away from her, which you can imagine hurt deeply.”

Understanding washed over Clark. Of course she would be defensive! He would take pains to be supportive regarding her feelings about this particular interview. He appreciated, and what was most important, respected Lois’ ability as a journalist.

“Don’t worry sir, this story will be a cooperative effort on both our parts.”
Lois is still distrustful of male coworkers because of Claude. Good thing Clark is patient and is slowly wearing her down.

Daae and Lana ... that sounds like a dangerous combination, though to who is the question.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland