A few more from the second half of that book:

He dropped to one knee and began snapping photographs. He didn't want to miss anything. Most everyone was running away from the explosion but others were...

"How could you?" she asked, hands high in the air - and at first I had no answer. There was no excuse for what I had done, and I wasn't about to make one up. But the one thing she didn't understand, the one thing I needed her to understand,...

It could have been a disaster instead of a new beginning. In a way, it was a little bit of both. And with all the things that happened this past year, we were all in need of a new beginning. We deserved it after... (this one reminds me of the Season One finale with the exploded Daily Planet)

"It's just a phase, you'll grow out of it," my father said to me at the time. I've spent the rest of my life trying to prove him wrong, trying to show him I could...

Love comes in all shapes and sizes. And sometimes it's disguised as something else. It's natural for me to think about disguises because...

"Are you serious?" I asked her, somehow hoping against hope that she wasn't. She was quite serious. She was getting in the car and driving to California, with or without me. She had just gotten off the phone with...

I couldn't tell if she was truly confident - or just really good at faking it. And I know a thing or two about faking it. "Fake it till you make it," my old man used to say. Of course, he also said...

There was no way I was going to admit anything. I had to protect myself. But I also had to protect...

I knew the day I met her I would ask her to marry me. And I guess I knew that she would say no, but I couldn't help myself when...

People talk about the calm before a storm. And that's what it felt like: there was electricity in the air, and it was invisible, and that made it even more powerful. A crowd had gathered outside City Hall and also at...

It was an accident, I told myself. And I kept on telling myself that, as if saying it over and over would make it true. But no matter what I told myself, it wouldn't change the fact that...

People pretty much hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, believe what they want to believe. And I guess I fell into that trap as well. I wanted to believe...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon