My sister actually got me a book of story prompts for Christmas. It's called "Complete The Story." I haven't totally explored the book, but as I find ones that would be good for L&C, I'll post.

"How did you know?" I asked, not sure I wanted the answer. I thought I had been careful. I thought she...

Reporters are trained to develop a sixth sense, a nose for when a story smells fishy. And something about this one wasn't right. First of all...

It flashed through the sky and then was gone. Lucy was sure she had seen a UFO and was equally sure that aliens were here to secretly make contact with a human being. Maybe they would choose her. Maybe she would get to visit their ship. Maybe...

She believed in me in a way no one else ever has and no one else ever will, and I betrayed her. The worst part is, she doesn't know. She still thinks...

It was different, writing on a typewriter: the clatter and noise, the resistance of the old keys forcing her to really put some effort into each letter. She imagined she was...

It was odd to be in a room full of people who all seemed to look up to my dad like he was some kind of hero. A part of me wanted to see him through their eyes just for a moment. I tried to picture him as...

I sat down next to her on the couch. It was time to start telling the truth. But I couldn't just dive into the heart of the matter, so I started with the little things. I told her...

All right, maybe it wasn't the best way to start off a conversation. In my own way, I was trying to take her side, and very few people do. She has two, maybe three real friends in the world. There's me, there's...

I wanted to believe him. I really did. But I had trusted him before, and it hadn't worked out that well. So now when he assured me that...

More to come as I get deeper into the prompts!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon