Hi Vicki!
Summary: An angel's work is never done. And this new assignment will be the hardest one of Mike's career.
MIKE: The next reporter I get, I’ll *quit*!

Two of his charges had given birth and needed his reassurance as they'd entered the hospital. The first had been Hannah, a seventeen year old girl who'd had no one to be her support system.
Yes, he sure does sound like a great guardian angel.
LOIS: Ya think? /Points at the clone. At the Wedding Destroyer. At the quack./

"Mike, I have a new assignment for you," the Lord said at length.
Oh, I know! God made a bet with Rao, that there wouldn’t be a good fit for a Kryptonian on Earth, huh?

He wasn't opposed to being Guardian to someone not born of Earth. He was open to just about anything. But he feared the unknowns that went hand in hand with working with someone who had the potential to be so different than what he was used to.
Yes, it should prove to be quite a challenge to get the little alien into trouble. At least, until he’s a teen and there’s powers to play with.

"But, Sir! Those alone might cause the humans to...to view him as...a god!" It was almost painful to give voice to that blasphemous idea.
Well…it’s been millennia since living gods walked amongst them.
RA: And hadn’t they buried the Chappa'a, we still would…
HERCULES: Speak for yourself, snakehead. I’m still on Earth, although it’s become much more…dirty since the olden days.
APHRODITE: But there’s so much more *fun* now when they put on entertainment.
ARES: And violence. Remember that red wedding from a couple of years ago?

"She will be a handful," God warned. "I'm not done crafting her spirit quite yet. But Lois will be made of fire and passion.
[Linked Image] Fire made flesh!

she will be content to be the woman in the shadows, someone the world never sees.
LOIS: cat What does he mean, I won’t win the Pulitzer?

"She is the only soul I have ever created who is Kal-El's equal," the Boss agreed with a nod. "In fact, aside from Jonathan and Martha, she will be his greatest ally and protector. And, in turn, he will be hers."
Umm…I just realized, what about ‘Soul Mates’?

"Few amongst the great loves are ever easy,"
Romeo and Juliet. Othello and Desdemonda. Oedipus and Jocasta. Cleopatra and Marcus Antonius. Anakin and Padme. Jon and Ygritte. Jamie and Cersei.

Because, really, how hard could watching over these two possibly be?
He’s probably going to retire after they’re married.

Lois grinned impishly. "We've been called to become Guardian Angels, like you. In fact, we've been assigned to train with you."
MIKE: help

"But, you've both done so much good already. I thought for sure that you'd enjoy at least a long period of rest before something like this," Mike stammered.
GOD: Yes, so? He may be good at shepherding, doesn’t mean he’s the best judge of character.

Cute one!

:wave; Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.