Thanks, groobie! This conversation has been around on paper for a long time but plugging it in here after so much else had been written was a bit challenging. Lois's reasons made sense to her -- and to me smile -- before she got to see Clark as a whole and completely fell in love with him, but now they seem shallow and insufficient. So trying to explain herself, hearing the flaws in her own rationalizations (which is one reason Lois tries to avoid stopping and thinking before moving ahead, really), really hammers home the problems. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that!

I love writing tension between Lois and Clark, especially when both of them are trying to move past it, or at least ignore it. I don't know why, but it's a lot of fun to explore their dynamics in such situations. (Also, it's been fun to go from And Then There Was Light, when Clark knew more that he couldn't say to Lois, to this story, where Lois knew more but couldn't tell him. Fun juxtaposition.) Also, I don't see Clark as being offended Lois had a harness, but I do see him being very upset if she had just jumped with no contingency plan! Even when he's angry with her, he doesn't want her dead!

Thanks so much for reading -- it's such an encouragement!