Good chapter. I like that they've had this conversation, that Lois has gotten the truth out in the open. But the tension that still exists between them is real. Clark shouldn't just forgive her; it's in his nature to believe her, but that doesn't mean it's easy to reconnect emotionally.
John Doe is wrong. You’re wrong. All of Utopia is wrong if it is founded on the premise that love is less important than some idyllic, idolized symbol high up above everyone else.
Absolutely! There is no Superman without Lois Lane. Everyone needs a support system, especially someone who gives so much of himself to everyone else. Lois should have realized this own her own, before she caused irreparable damage to their relationship. She should have trusted Clark over a stranger; she should have confided with him about her vision of the future before she participated in the scheme to break his heart. I don't know if they can every rebuild the relationship they were destined to have - they may glue it back together, but the crack will always be there.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink