Originally Posted by LMA
This was completely lovely, DC notworthy clap.

Amongst all the 'to-do' lists, chores, shopping, etc (and etc wink ) getting ready for the holidays is entailing, it was such a 'stop and think' moment of clarity for me.

I had a few moments before picking up my son at preschool, and had been trying to clean the house top to bottom for some plans coming up. Anyway...I was going to try to get another room clean and 'done', but then told myself to 'stop'. I heated up some soup. Grabbed the ipad. F-I-N-A-L-L-Y gave myself some time (for myself smile ). And out of all the stories I've been wanting to catch up on, found this one.

Definitely needed that acknowledgement of how lucky/blessed we are to have that fallen behind house (because of those kiddos of ours), and how wonderful it is to be getting ready for those plans with family and friends.

Thank you for that reminder on a busy afternoon sloppy...

Wonderful job--so personal and very touching. Loved it!
Laura

Thanks for reading, Laura! I know how hard it can be to find a few minutes to yourself around the holidays, so I'm honored that you picked my story.

Fallen behind house? I feel like mine is so far behind it's still in 2014. laugh goofy

Glad it was a "stop and think" moment for you. I think we can all benefit from those to put things into perspective. (I'm currently sitting in a room which looks like Toys R Us threw up in and I'm grateful to have that opportunity. But I'm waaaaay too tired to clean tonight!)

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon