Thanks, LMA! Lois figuring out the problem with her source's information based on her knowledge of and friendship with Clark is one of the first things I came up with for this story and one of my favorite parts -- it was nice to finally get there! Some things always change, of course, as I write it down, but I was really glad this still came through the way I originally envisioned it. And yes, a Lois-in-the-know is a lot more effective, and maybe even frightening if you're not on her side, or if you get in her way! grin

It would have been nice if Lois realized the trouble sooner, DC! But that's the thing about Lois: she always has to live through the wreck before she knows to fix the problem. At least, I hope I'm not the only one who's yelled at the screen while watching some episodes... blush

Glad you're still hooked, groobie, even though it's taking me so long to post these chapter! dizzy And you're right, Clark...is not well.

Okay, just do me a favor, AnnieL, and warn me before you start coming for me, all right? peep Love your thoughts on Lois's perception of what Superman means to Clark, now and in-show. Very insightful, really, and I'd discuss it more with you just because I find it fascinating, except it might give a bit away... The migraines are a problem, even if Lois is using the flashes for good right now! Clark's moments are certainly coming!

I love the idea of the contradictory memories turning Lois's mind into a paradox, Virginia -- that could provide a lot of fun different ways to take the story! A broken trust is hard to try to repair, especially when it was as painful as this one, so I think you're very right in comparing it to Humpty Dumpty.

The first chapters are kind of designed to be confusing, John Lambert, and I only hope I can answer everything in a satisfactory way. I'm glad you see the hope emerging from here on out, though, even if it might take a while to get there. Hope you continue to enjoy!

Thank you, everyone, for your patience and willingness to see where the story goes!