Finally able to read this part, busy weekend despite of the heat.

Clark was feeling good. After nearly a week of Lord Luthor's presence in Lane Manor, the man and his retinue were finally leaving. It almost felt like a boulder had been sitting on Clark's chest, rendering him unable to breathe, ever since Lord Luthor had stepped foot on Lord Lane's lands. But now Luthor was leaving and the boulder had been lifted, allowing Clark to breathe once again.

All seems right with the world now that Lord Luthor and his retinue are finally leaving stately Lane Manor.

"Until our next meeting then, when we merge our families into one," Luthor said, just before nudging his horse into motion.

Or is it?

He saw the fleeting look of hurt on Lois' face, but she quickly covered it up again. She turned without a word and made a swift exit. Clark winced a little as he watched her go. She was angry with him for doing what he'd done. But in that moment, Clark couldn't deal with her anger. He was too busy bleeding from his torn and mangled heart.

Lois has no right to be angry with Clark. His dreams as well as hers have been damaged beyond repair. If anything, she should be sad and yes, a little weepy. Being married to such a heartless man is a daunting thought.

He watched as Merlin drank again from the stream, then frolicked in the snow. It was good to see his friend so happy, but inside in own heart, Clark felt cold and dead. He ceased to feel how cold it was as he sat under that tree. Any traces of an appetite disappeared - not that he'd remembered to take any food with him. He almost felt like he became part of the landscape - small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Good description of his feelings. At least he has Merlin!

Supposedly, Lady Arianna became tired of his overbearing laws and tried to help. I know there was talk of her having food delivered to the poor in other parts of his lands - they never got to where I lived. Soon after, she died under mysterious circumstances."

This is the first time Arianna has ever been painted in such a positive light. Depending on how you look at it. Poor woman!

At least some good will come of this, Clark thought as Lord Lane took his leave. If I'm forced to go to Luthor's home, I'll be able to look around and see what other secrets he might be hiding. He's already got one of my horses. What else does he have that he shouldn't?

At least in this AU Lex does not have a Kryptonite cage waiting for you!

Next part! grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.