Recently, I re-watched this episode for the first time in years and noticed (remembered) many things I hadn't before. Johnny Corbin actually *hurt* Clark. The next day, after their original fight, Clark came to work achy and in pain, despite being able to fly away from the fight directly afterwards. It meant that even though he had super-healing, he still could feel residual pain. He even refused Lois's offer of aspirin.

This episode let's us know what happened to Lucy (kind of, sort of, not really). She explains to Lois that she had been in L.A. and that she returned to Metropolis to finish her degree (because clearly there aren't any schools in L.A. [Linked Image]). She's actually had been studying, which is why she hadn't heard of Metallo stalking the city (although, we know from earlier dealings with Lucy that she's not always up on the news front.)

I love the light in Lois's eyes when she realizes after stating all of Superman's wonderful qualities that he reminds her of Clark.

I've always pictured Superman (well, mostly Clark) as being quite modest in the fact that he'd be embarrassed if he accidentally flew into Lois's apartment to find her in the bath. But in this episode, he does just that. Not only does he fly unannounced into her apartment, he flies into her BEDROOM and he doesn't look away when she steps out of the bath! Clark! No wonder she thought Superman was making a pass at her.

Why *does* Clark have his answering machine set to answer after the first ring? I know the rest of us take 10 rings to actually get to the phone, and he doesn't, but still... What would Lois have said to Clark if he HAD answered the phone? It's kind of awkward how she goes to call him directly after being rejected by Superman.

Has anyone ever explored Clark's reaction if Metallo had been powered by red Kryptonite instead of green K?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.