Another wonderful chapter. You do a great job of making Clark interesting even though he isn't fully aware that there's anything strange going on with Lois.

I love the way you're able to zoom in on certain facets of Clark's character without taking away from him as a whole. I never got the impression that Clark is weak or a wallflower to Lois; he's still confident, happy, careful, and careless, but you focus in on the moments with his vulnerability and his hopeless love of Lois. It worked well with his rescues.

We're getting close to finding something out, aren't we? (Well, closer.) Lois chose the red rose. Lois's single-mindedness is working well for her here, I think. Is she distracting herself from what she's really doing by focusing on falling in love with Clark?

Clark didn't recognize the voice as Luthor's-or I'm assuming he didn't, because he didn't say anything-so I'm betting on Tempus as the voice.

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."