Yikes! I, too, have wondered what other negative consequences there were from the NK invasion of Smallville. I cannot imagine that the ideal community returned to business as usual.

I love the image of fireflies being fairies. At first, I thought this first person piece was from the view of Clark. I'm sure you wrote it in this manner, partially, to make us think that. It definitely made me do a double-take when I read that Clark was pregnant.

It would be a horrible experience to deal with normally, but then to also have to live with a daily reminder of what happened and learn to love that reminder must be difficult for even the strongest of women. However, to know that such a child should not be adopted off lightly, or could also grow up to be the next Superman makes this choice triply difficult at 18, and shows a lot of forethought and consideration of others some women in this position might not give. I hope that she writes Superman a letter, informing him that he may no longer be the only one of Kryptonian descent living on Earth, but I understand if she doesn't... mainly due to the same fears that Jonathan instilled in Clark. The people of Smallville also recall the Jason Trask's of the world better than most.

I'm hoping that the boyfriend will grow a conscience, but I'm sure his reaction can be listed as one of the typical ones, even in situations not as unique as this. How horrible it must be to live with not only the memories of being tortured (which is how women see rape), but also with others blaming her for having suffered in this manner.

I kept reading "1 of 5" wondering if there were 4 other girls in the same predicament in Smallville... would they make the same choice?

Deep and heavy material, groobie. Hugs to you for tackling such a hard subject so well.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.