Originally Posted by groobie
Enjoyable Christmas story, even if it has been nearly 90 degrees here this week. wink The melancholy mood is appropriate to Lois, who never cared for the holiday anyway. It would be doubly hard in this situation. I always imagined Lois would also hold a small piece of resentment and anger too, that Clark would leave her to go fight for people he's never known. Sure, he expressed his reasons, and she tearfully supported him, but it's hard to be totally magnanimous when you're in pain. And then she'd castigate herself for harboring those negative emotions. Good thing he came back relatively quickly! It certainly made for the perfect Christmas present...WAFFy sigh. clap thumbsup

Hope the Christmas story helped you to think cool thoughts. Glad you enjoyed it.

I think you're right. Lois *would* harbor some anger and resentment - to herself and the NKers too. I think Clark would be the one she might resent the least. She supported his decision to go, when she really did have the right to tell him that she would have preferred for him to stay home. And she'd be mad with the NKers for disrupting her and Clark's lives - that they had no right to ask Clark to sacrifice so much for people who a) he doesn't know and b) who don't fully trust him. (I'm looking at you, Ching and all your "tests," even if I understand where you were coming from.)

I think you're also right in that she would fee guilty for having those thoughts. Clark really did change her that way, didn't he? (The old Lois wouldn't have cared who knew she resented them.)

I think the new and (much) improved Lois would also hate the fact that her first truly happy Christmas in a long time has morphed into the worst one of her life. At least, the worst until Clark comes home. wink

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon