Originally Posted by LMA
What a lovely belated Christmas present from DC dance! Thank you!

This was completely wonderful. Give me WAFF and I am a very happy camper grin. From the first few paragraphs in I was really hoping for Clark to return. Come back to Lois. For them to become engaged. I kept hoping, fingers crossed, and DC, you totally delivered sloppy.

'L&C' was my first glimpse into the story of Superman. Prior had never read a comic, seen a movie, or watched a show--literally knew nothing about the characters. So I was completely spoiled into how GREAT of a set-up 'L&C' was/is notworthy. Clark being Clark--it made sense! Superman--it was a costume, a guise to get things done. Lois and Clark work together, get partnered up, becoming friends and then best friends, fall in love, e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y (what a drawn out ARGH!) get married.

I fell so hard and so thoroughly for the show, this 'story' in my mind was the cemented way that it all played out thumbsup.

Hence...I tried the old Superman movies and just couldn't really get 'there' with them. Same with SR when it came out. I've never seen MOS (based on my reaction to the other movies) or it's sequel. Never have gotten into the comics. Tried a bit of Smallville, but didn't become hooked. Haven't watched Supergirl (but I've been DVR'ing them in case wink ).

For me, the story of 'Superman' is, I think, forever 'L&C'.

Lovely, DC! Really enjoyed this!
Laura (who is having sudden urges to pull out and decorate the Christmas tree smile )

Hi, Laura!

Thanks for reading. I wasn't sure anyone would want a bit of Christmas fluff in April. grin

L&C was my second glimpse of the Superman universe. I'd seen Superman: The Movie and Superman II as a kid. ALL of my childhood Superman exposures were thanks to my dad. He'd be watching them and I'd watch along with him. (Actually, I thank him for getting me into my two favorite shows ever - L&C and Xena: Warrior Princess! Of course, once I got into the shows he really didn't watch them much - he was never a fan, just a casual viewer that stopped in for an episode when nothing else was on.)

I hated SR (Clark fathering a child that he lets someone else raise, too young of a cast, horrible story - but I did love Lex Luthor in it). I hated MOS too - again, not enough Clark, not enough of a real person there, hated the casting on Lois, loathed the idea of Superman breaking Zod's neck. And I wasn't thrilled with Bats v Supes either, due to it being SO flawed, but it was worlds better than MOS. I've never read any of the comics.

Anyway, thanks again for reading. I'm also having some Christmas-longing - but I'm definitely longing for summer more!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon