Hi, Virginia! wave

Glad you enjoyed this. I actually began this one/always imagined it as just an introspection piece, of Lois missing Clark on Christmas. But when I actually started to really get into writing it, it just felt more natural (and a lot more uplifting!) to continue on past the introspection to Clark's arrival home.

How sad it was for her that there on Christmas Eve, she was once again alone, due to the fact that the Kents were snowed in (or at least the planes were).

Well, Lois is snowed in. Not so much the Kents. wink

I love this tradition! What great neighbors! I truly hoped that Clark had left a gift for Steve to deliver to Lois. However, she wasn't the only one surprised by who she found on the other side of that door.

One of the people in my neighborhood where I grew up did this. Anyone who wanted Santa to visit their kids on Christmas Eve would let him know and slip him a gift (and sometimes a beer!). It was pretty cool, because it meant that Santa was always there without Dad or Grandpa or whoever going MIA during the visit.

I considered having Steve deliver Clark to Lois. But it just seemed weird in my head.

Then, I thought that Clark had hired the Superman impersonator to visit Lois as Clark (although, then I thought, why would he do that?)

Ouch! That would be a little cruel, sending a fake Clark.

LOIS: Oh, crap! I forgot to get Clark a gift! Do you like frozen waffles? (BTW, how in the world did Lois ever survive without Super delivery service? I mean, it's Christmas Eve and she hasn't gone Christmas grocery shopping and the Kents were suppose to visit?)

I wanted Lois to be concerned about giving Clark his gift(s) - that she'd bought things just in case - but it didn't work with the flow. And Lois probably does have food in their for the Kents, just nothing she's in the mood to eat. Or, she was banking on delivery that got cancelled due to snow. wink

He's not that much of a lunkhead.
CLARK: *moves gift behind his back and clears throat* No! Of course it isn't! Oh, my bad. This is Jimmy's gift.

(later) JIMMY: Um... Wow. Um... Thanks, CK. But this is the weirdest spelling of "friend" I've ever seen.

rotflol

This is why many of the stories in other shows and films puzzle me so. Clark may have been born on Krypton, but having been raised on Earth, he's an Earthling as much as anyone born here. It never made any sense to me why he wanted to bond with Kryptonians. Or why in SM: The Movie he always associated himself more as a Kryptonian than as an Earthling. huh I'm glad they didn't go that route with MoS (even if he did bond too much with his hologram birth dad).

That's always been my problem too. There simply is NO reason for Clark to ever be more "in tune" with his Kryptonian heritage. Or for Superman to ever be the "real" personality, with Clark as the cover. Which is why I adore L&C so much. They really got things right.

Yea! Wait. What? "Viennese hour with 17 different cakes"? Is this a thing?

Probably. My Viennese hour had a ton of food. Including a candy cart that the adults attacked like little children. I've never seen cotton candy be that popular before...or candy buttons!

Awwww! What a nice bouquet of Christmas Waff, DC!

Thank you! I'm so glad my post-Easter Christmas fic was enjoyable! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon