I really loved that you used dances as the pivotal moments in this fic--Lois’ dance with Superman, the dream dance, and L&C’s dance. I agree with iheartshules that it was so great to kick-off them embarking on the dance of life via a literal dance.

As I said before, I really love that Superman wasn’t even in the dream sequence, but I wish you’d done something where this springboards Lois into recognizing her subconscious feelings vs. her jumping straight to saying she was in love with Clark--e.g., you say that it was “Something she had hidden from for too long,” but don’t show her rationale for coming to to that realization. I think the dream sequence is a really neat opportunity for Lois to step back and re-evaluate, and you say that it does that (“The dream had in an odd way brought clarity to her mind”); all the pieces you have there are great--Lana being in town and Clark being absent, the dance with Superman, and the dream--but I felt like the putting them together process was missing.

I also thought it was perfectly in character to have Lois begin her complaint with how Clark’s absence had affected everyone else. Love how this showcases her relationship/intimacy issues!

Some lines seemed a little unrealistic--e.g., “Oh Clark! I don’t care about fiddles, violins or any of that, just let me be in the orchestra of your life!” Maybe I’m too cynical, but that really jarred me out of the story, especially since Lois is supposed to be crying.

Overall, a super fun plot! wink And par usual, some of your beats are really great; e.g., I absolutely loved “The toe tapping of her expensive shoes reached his ears, telegraphing her mounting displeasure.” Such a great combo of details and well-chosen verbs!

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)