What a wonderful way to begin 2016 -- reading all of this feedback. smile

Do I remember this correctly that we’ve heard of Thalia before/
You do, indeed, Michael. In fact, you were gracious enough to BR the first (and, so far, only other) story she was in. (I put a link to that story in my post at the top of this thread.)

Also, as a *hooker*?

I took that from canon, or at least my interpretation of canon. I was thinking specifically of Angel in Resurrection; her cover in Wall of Sound might also have been a hooker.

Also, have you read Fighting Dirty by Nancy?
Read and enjoyed. I couldn't remember either the title or the author, though. Thanks for the reminder. I'm sure having read Nancy's story years ago was what made me think of mud wrestling while I was trying to come up with topics for first lines.

You *are* going to have this made eligible for this year’s Kerths, right?
I had been planning to save this story for possible nomination in the 2016 Kerths, since this year's competition is so fierce, but when you asked so nicely, how can I refuse?

Annie and Deadly Chakram, I'm glad you both liked it. I was amused by the concept, but comedy is tricky in that I never know in advance whether others will find funny "on paper" what I found funny in my head.

Virginia, I agree. Sneaky and sassy. But since she does give me some good ideas, I think I'll keep her. And since narrator-I is not exactly the kindest toward her, author-I doesn't blame Thalia for trying to get better arrangements. Author-I actually has more sympathy overall for Thalia than she does with narrator-I. Although she has improved since her first appearance, narrator-I really doesn't treat Thalia very well. (I can understand why Clark refers to himself in the third person, despite Martha's concerns. Sometimes, it is the clearest method of communication.)

Corrina, I'm extra pleased that you like Thalia, since (as you know) she first appeared in a story written in your honour.

Joy,
Lynn