I agree with all the feedback. This is a great chapter, and it's wonderful to see Lois recognizing her isolation, and attempting be Clark's friend. I love how in doing so she also is being more helpful and friendly to others. And she's learning how much time and effort is involved in being a friend to someone who is reluctant to accept that friendship.

The parallels of Lois's initial reluctance to be Clark's friend with Clark now the reluctant one to renew their friendship is understandable and brilliant, with both Lois initially and Clark now protecting their wounded hearts.

Lois's realization of what her role in the alienation of Clark and her isolation among her peers is huge. And I'm glad to see it's taking her real effort and time to change herself and to have people's reactions to her change.

I also like how Clark immediately figured that Lois wanted something, although he doesn't know what. His frustration at her not being forthcoming about what she wants from him could give him valuable insight into how she feels about the secrets he's keeping.

Looking forward to your next chapter.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly