Wow, thank you all for all the wonderful feedback! hyper

Lynn: Yes, sorry about the headache. I meant to include a [Linked Image] warning for my story. My apologies. I'm glad you enjoyed this confusing story about re-inventing oneself numerous times.

Terry: Thank you for reading. Sorry about the headache. peep The convolution of the theory was Clark's saving grace. Who, other than Lois, would believe such a crazy story?!

Originally Posted by Terry
It just seems as if Lois/Iris/Vicki has crammed a whole lot of living into her less-than-thirty-closer-to-twenty-five years. She was twenty-six when L&C started. And what about Lucy? Was one of them adopted? Maybe that's part of the reason Lois/Iris/Vicki was always so mature.
In this story, the woman is now closer to 30 than 25 (which is what the man assumed her age was, or as she had implied it was). Ten years earlier, Lois went undercover as Vicki when she was 20ish. (Perhaps she heard that Batman was partial to blondes.) Then, she returned to Metropolis where she became the famous Lois Lane (her true self). She met Clark when she was 26 (per canon), but then he left town after a year, disillusioned with her (since she seemed so willing to marry Lex). When she realized her mistake, she hunted him down, knowing that Superman couldn't be dead if Clark was still alive. So, it took her 3 years before she finally tracked him down in Central City. Lucy is Lucy and doesn't play into Lois's romantic life with any of these men.

I hope that clarifies things. smile Perhaps I made an error with my dates, but thinking about such things was making my eyes cross so I failed whenever I tried to double check them. I'll do so again before sending it in to the archives.

HappyGirl: So glad you're back on the boards. Sad it's because of your sick family. Hope they are better soon. Thank you for reading my confusing story. I'm glad you enjoyed my "uniforms" joke. I can't see Clark ever seeing his outfit as a "costume". laugh

Michael: thud My, that's a lot of comments! I'll have to respond in a separate reply.

Annalina19: Thanks for reading. Sorry about confusing you. No, the characters may have the same names as the current Flash show and this story was inspired by my new-found addiction to that show, but it's not actually based on those characters (and their backstories). Actually, Vicki is blonde and Iris has auburn hair in this story.

Originally Posted by Annalina19
That must have been really tricky to write, so congrats because even if it was a bit hard to keep up, it made sense in the end and you proposed an interesting twist by suggesting only one man was behind all these superheroes/secret identities.
I was going to add in the Arrow or Green Lantern in Clark's disguise repertoire but it was getting bad enough already with him as Robin, Batman, Superman, and Flash. That's why I had Lois accidentally assume those green men were the man she was looking for before she found the real one (hence Clark's need to apologize to them AGAIN for Lois's actions).

Marcus: Thanks! I'm glad it worked. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.