[Linked Image] Sorry I‘m a bit late to the game blush
Lois groaned. She was struggling. Chained to her desk with no escape in sight.
Some variant of Fly Hard?

Perry would kill her if she didn't finish this copy.
Oh, figuratively.
LOIS: Duh!
Well…to be fair, with Lois such statements can always swing the other way, too.
LOIS: mad

As a girl, for a time, she had watched westerns at every opportunity, drawn by the conflict of good and evil. She had determined that SHE would wear a white hat and bring evildoers to justice as well.
That and a certain Lulu, huh?

Eventually her father explained about special effects and the dream was lost.
Was that before or after Lois asked how Santa would be able to get down the chimney with his potbelly so he could kiss Mommy under the Christmas tree?

"Why a tie?" Lois asked.
Men lie during dates and press conferences. Men also wear ties during both occasions. It seemed like a natural fit.

She almost regretted canceling last week's lunch meeting with the wealthy industrialist
Her date?

She did corruption and in-your-face best; Clark did touchy-feely and science well.
Best and well clap

What's your big secret? Where do you always go?" While she was speaking, part of her watched, fascinated, as the tie flew into a graceful arc, touched Clark's wrist and executed three perfect loops just like in the westerns.
Oops? Also, see? Self-assembling.

He paced as he spoke. "Lois, we've worked well together the last two months. I think we've become good friends in that time. My big secret is that I've fallen absolutely head-over-heels for you. I know you said that you didn't have time for me to fall for you but it was already too late."
jawdrop rotflol

"And I was leaving because someone needed Superman
thud

“You’re ... receiving?” Oh crap. He DID say that he was Superman, didn’t he? Clark Kent is Superman. Clark Kent is Superman. She sat there dazed until Clark intervened.
:p

"Unfortunately, it's too early for him to go straight to the presentation.
So…oops, then?

“Superman....My thoughts on Superman. What can I say?” Lex appeared uncertain for a moment and held the sides of the podium.
peep

Bribes are up, profits are down, and more store owners are refusing to pay their protection money.”
Poor dear…

On the stage opposite Superman, the Police Chief was frantically miming “handcuffs” to the officers in the security detail.
laugh

but Toni Baines had such nice legs.”
Nice touch!
LEX: Yes, they were very nice to touch.

“Well, it’s definitely a challenge but I’m the Boss and everyone expects me to have the answers.” He picked up the Key and turned toward Superman, still intending to present the award.
clap

Lex jumped dramatically off the edge of the platform, only to land on his face in the grass six feet below.
Good thing they cleaned up to doggy poo first, huh?

Her grin became larger. "I asked him that myself. He said, 'Self-preservation Lois, self-preservation. You gotta think of the big picture. A thing like that gets out and how am I gonna eat?'"
laugh

As they were walking to the elevator Lois looked at Clark. She smiled as she realized she was looking forward to Clark asking her on a date. Maybe at his favorite Chinese restaurant.
In China? Maybe back home is a bit more comfortable.

Fun one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.