Speaking of being punctual, I am extremely, utterly, completely behind--and unpunctual blush --in my FDK, but wanted to say that I am definitely (you couldn't stop me if you tried hyper ) here, still reading, and still loving this story. RL--argh grin.

This chapter was simply beautiful, Anti-K. One of my favorites. I think you said it in your FDK response, and to repeat here, it was so touching because finally there was honesty between Lois and Clark.

Even though Clark is still trying to convince himself that Superman is who and what he needs/has to be, this situation--what his parents are going through as they cling to life in surgery--caused him to be himself. Be Clark, their son. Their scared to death, completely guilt-ridden son.

And Lois reacted. She didn't think things through, she didn't analyze what to do, how to react to Clark. She was needed, she had to be strong, she followed her instincts.

It was beautiful to see them drawn to each other, both needing the other--despite everything that has happened to draw them apart.

The writing was so well done, Anti-K clap...
Laura (who will be enjoying catching up thumbsup )

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~