Perfect! They finally admitted how they feel. This is one area where Lois would have - should have - figured out how he felt from the way he was treating her, except that so much of her energy, emotional as well as physical, is focused on what is happening to her. If she were healthy, she'd have tumbled to it already. ...Of course, then there'd be no story. Can't have that, no matter how much this angst is tearing us all up!

Clark had a few less clues about her feelings for him than Lois had about his feelings for her - he might not have figured it out without her telling him explicitly how she felt.

That bit at the end was wonderful. He calls her his love, his life - she is, and he's losing that. They both think so, feel so.

It will be very interesting to see how you wrap this up, with so little time left. Even a quickie wedding and a Superman flight takes at least some time, so how many hours will she have left when they return to Metropolis? For that matter, are they even considering returning? They both think Lois is doomed.

And really, even to a dying person - if you've acknowledged you love someone, and you are getting married, what do you do after the ceremony? Do you really just straighten your lapels and go back to the city or the hospital? She's not getting married from a hospital bed. I don't mean they'll do anything physical, necessarily - she's awfully weak - but wouldn't they just want to hole up somewhere and cuddle, and grieve? Or grab as much togetherness as they can, while they can? Shut out the world?

And of course, Griffin said 24 hours. How could he predict that so precisely? Did he mean about 24 hours? This is just so down-to-the-wire. What happens at 23 hours? At 25 hours?

If she's saved in time, what about irreversible effects? If it were only GB, there'd still be up to months of recovery ahead. With the unknown added in... hmmm. Guess you'll just have to post again as soon as possible.

She asked him to take her away from the Planet. If they do return, I guess the logical place to go is to Clark's apartment. And of course, she does have to tell her parents. After all, she promised Clark she would.

And right now, no one knows where they are. Other than yelling for Superman and hoping he knows where they are wink , nobody can contact them. Like, say, in the case of a last-minute identification of the poison, and a cure... (hint, hint)

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler