Again, so sorry this chapter was late -- I tried to get to it earlier today to make sure I didn't miss, but time gets away from me no matter what I do! smile

I hope the good doctors' plan works, too, VirginiaR! It would be nice to get this universe looking more similar to the one we know and love without so much darkness. Unfortunately, this is a long story (it got away from me), so we'll see...

Ooh, I like that thought of James sacrificing for Clark just as Clark did for the world, groobie! Very nicely put! I know I say it all the time, but James has really turned into one of my favorite things about this story.

Thanks, scifiJoan! I've always loved Jimmy's capacity for loyalty, even when it's covered up by other things in the show.

smile I knew you would recognize the names of the doctors, Lynn! I admit, I wanted a team, and aside from Dr. Klein and Dr. Hamilton, there weren't too many scientists incorporated from the comics into the show, so I borrowed a few. I tried to give tiny nods to their characters without drawing attention to them. So far, though, Superman hasn't met the doctors; only James has. It is nice to have the great team of Lane and Olsen back together again on something!

Lois DOES need a purpose, LMA, and that's been one of the hardest things about this story, to have a Lois Lane so adrift through her own actions. I really liked the idea of James using the business suit as a disguise every bit as powerful as the Superman Suits. Thanks, as always, for your feedback!

No talking, DC -- I knew you would be disappointed about that! smile But right now, I don't think Lois has anything to say, and she's definitely not sure that Clark wants to hear anything she COULD say. James definitely does have a long trip to take both ways; no wonder he's always on the go through Lois's POV. If HG Wells showed up right now, I think I might get lynched! laugh Glad you're enjoying!

Thanks, everyone!