"You know what, Lois?” he asks softly. Intently. Urgently. “We know that Clark is important. We know the world is wrong. And we can convince CK of it. It’ll take time, and effort, everything we have, and maybe more besides. But I’m pretty sure it’s worth it. So I guess the question is…what will you do to bring Clark Kent back?”

“Anything,” Lois breathes, her eyes locked on him as if she has never seen him before (the way she’s looked at him, briefly, a few times this past week, but never like this, so openly, so fully). “I’ll do anything.”

Something loosens its suffocating hold on his lungs, and James can’t help but grin at her. Proud and relieved but still wary (because for Lois Lane, anything is a broad spectrum). “Then, Lois, welcome to the family.”

hail mecry notworthy --Touching...completely and utterly. You had me crying. With relief, with understanding. A completely honest moment--one of the first since Lois arrived. How much Lois needed this. To feel accepted. To have a purpose.

She needs a purpose because then she can fight. And she will fight--for Clark. Something tells me that this might be the turning point Lois needed. Hitting rock bottom...and then seeing light.

And I am so glad for James (but really for Jimmy). He's had to grow up so quickly these last few months. Hold the weight of the world on his shoulders for his friend who couldn't. Protect a family who wasn't able to protect themselves. Jimmy has been wearing a disguise--the business suit/ the tie--to hold everything together. Now maybe he can get a bit of relief.

Lois is a powerhouse, when she wants to be. She creates change--whether good, or bad wink. Jimmy knows what all she is capable of...it's the reason he avoided her for so long after everything fell apart.

And now he knows that she understands her implications in all of this mess. She's broken with guilt. She has probably more personal motivation in this--to fix things, right things--than anyone. Hopefully her pain can help put all of these broken pieces back together.

Definitely excited to hear what the doctors are cooking up. An option, even a slight one, would be amazing.

As always, can't wait for more smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~