Awww, what a sweet story, Laura! Here's mine: Clement and I had been together for 7 years, knew we would get married, but both wanted to finish college first. He had been studying abroad in Taiwan for 6 months; I traveled with my brother to meet him in Bali for vacation. We all went to a hole in the wall Chinese place for dinner, but my brother kept trying to leave us, which confused me (well, now I know why...he was trying to give us some privacy!) Back in our room, Clement randomly pulled out a fortune cookie and asked if I wanted dessert - bizzare, because I hadn't seen any on the table at the restaurant (because they were invented in the US - they don't have them in Asia). I cracked the cookie open and the ring was inside with a fortune: "Clementious says 'Will you marry me?'" He had gotten his brother to send a box of cookies to Taiwan so that he could practice getting the ring inside without breaking it. Best month old cookie I ever tasted. wink LOL Still don't understand how literally everyone knew he was going to do it except me!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink