Well...I think I'll give a play-by-play of how I tend to watch the series (if I'm not watching for a specific 'purpose' or watching the whole series beginnning to end).

What I tend to watch/avoid grin :

ONE
-Always watch the Pilot--Amazing!
-Skip SV, NB--Not sure why, great eps, but maybe because L&C aren't as close yet wink
-ILTY--Specks of 'friendship' beginning.
-Skip RFAS--Love them being partnered up dance, frustrated by the ending with Lex dizzy
-Never skip IGACOY--Love Lois' annoyance at Clark, Clark's teasing. FUN!
-Skip SK--One of my Least Favorite, don't like the plot, not a lot of L&C in the ep.
-GGGoH through Witness--Love, Adore, Could watch these on continuous repeat smile
-IOG through Flyhard--Besides, The Rival (which I get such a kick out of--love it!), these are all sorta 'in between' ones for me. They are First Season--so I very much enjoy the style of the eps, the banter--but not as much as those Mid-First season eps.
BATP-HOL--Completely obsessed with. Way up there in terms of being my favorites!

TWO
-MX--Ok, tend to watch, but mostly for L&C, not plot wink
-WOS--Love the interactions btween L&C!
-TS--Pretty low on my list, too...skip.
-Prankster-LOVE! Couch Scene notworthy
-COM--Love the end at Lois' apartment, Hate Mason butting into the dancing beforehand wink
-OB--Low on the list...only seen a few times. Skip.
-TOGOM-- notworthy
-ABFTB--Ok, never one of my favorites, but certainly not one of my least (favorites).
-SG and Metallo-- hyper
-COS--Skip.
-TEHI-- huh. Ok.
-Phoenix--LOVE LOVE LOVE. Couch Scene.
-TC--Watch for L&C and relationship talk.
-ROTP--Skip-able. No advancement of L&C splat.
-LL-- jump. Beautiful.
-Resurrection--Watch b/c I just saw LL and want 'more' from L&C, get frustrated that not much happens btw L&C wink.
-TF-- hyper
-TJO--Middle of the road for me. Ok.
-IR--The Last Scene...WOW grin. LOVE it!
-WWW-ATAI--Completely wore my tapes out back in the day. Way way up on the list of favs.

THREE
-WHALTTA-OP--Very much love (but agree, do not like Spencer Spencer--he gets the fast forward wink ).
-Contact--Skip. Argh!
-WIEAK--Like this ep, hate the ending.
-JSN through COTOC--Love love
-SM--Skip.
-VD--Amazing. So so good.
-HIWTHI--Always have really liked this one.
-NOS--Skip. Easily skip--have hardly watched it.
-TDWCIFTC--Sometimes skip...
-TA?--Lovely smile
-INPY through Seconds--Painful. Skip, Skip, Skip.
-FMN--Painful, but will normally watch. Like the scene at Clark's apartment with Lois.
-OW--Fast-forward through A-Plot, enjoying the rest. Finally together again...
-IASWAA--Ok.
-TAG,D-BBDF--Enjoyable. Love everything between L&C.

FOUR
-LOTF-BE--Like the NK Arch. LOVE the end scene on the fire escape hail.
-STG--Don't like A-plot, but the wedding vows make up for everything smile.
-SM through DLW--Some of my favorite episodes of the season. SM--I love. BY--Really enjoy everything L&C. Lois on trial and breaking out creates a great couple of eps.
-B&C&L&C--Skip.
-Ghosts--SKIP! dizzy.
-STP--Low on list. First married fight help.
-TTNBM--Least favorite Christmas ep.
-LW through AKAS--Some more of my favorite ones from this season.
-FTASV through TFH--A lot of the time, I'll stop watching after AKAS. I've sat through these probably three or four times in total. Some of my very least favorite eps (and knowing that the show is 'ending' on these eps is frustrating... mecry ).

I tend to focus primarily (ok--almost exclusively wink ) on anything and everything to do with Lois and Clark and them becoming partners, friends and falling in love. B-Plot is way up there grin. So if something romantic is happening...that's the episode I'm watching.

Enjoying the thread,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~