You highlight so well the main reason I disliked "Requiem for a Superhero". I hated that because Superman was busy with the other cyborgs that Lex is credited for "rescuing" Lois (this point is debatable, but I won't get into that here). Lois thinks that Lex rescued her and is grateful to him. It makes my stomach churn just thinking about it.

Now I have to be grateful to a man I despise for saving the life of the woman I love.
Ugh. Poor Clark. What a horrible feeling.

You are succinctly describing the essence of Clark's feelings in each of these early and pivotal episodes. If I highlighted all the great points you make here, I believe I would be quoting your whole story.

Being invisible (as Clark is) in his Superman uniform gives Clark the unique advantage to see things he might not otherwise notice. Her grief at Ally's death for one, and Lex's evilness for two.

Clark has finally put together all the pieces and realizes that Lois has had few good men in her life. Instead of being one of those good men for her, Luthor gets her praise. Ugh. Bile. Yuck! It just makes you want to punch out Luthor's lights for being such a slimy scum. HE'S the reason she was kidnapped in the first place!

I hate it when the hero loses and the villain wins. In this episode Luthor so clearly "wins" despite it being Superman who saves the day against the boxers. It's so unfair!

Anyway, my grumbling aside, good story. clap

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/27/15 08:04 PM. Reason: Fixed Typos

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.