Poor, CJ - suddenly all those doubts about whether his powers (or lack thereof) will affect how Lois feels about him.

But...ohhhhhhhh...the flight was beautifully detailed and written, Chris <happy, waffy sigh> This in particular was just beautiful:

CJ climbed higher, carrying her through wisps of cold, wet cloud. Then they were flying into the open sky, and she saw that dusk was falling. The sinking sun in the western horizon painted the sky above and the clouds below with a dazzling array of pinks and lilacs and tinged their skin a rich orange. The sky directly above them segued from light blue to a dark, almost black shade in the east. But, most striking of all, were the myriad points of star light, each one more vivid than any she'd ever seen before.
Then...hel-lo...there's that conversation. <G>

Well, it was worth waiting for. goofy

"And what did Mr Wells say?"

"Not a lot, really. Only that I was to save your life, marry you, and found Utopia."

"Oh, is that all!"
laugh

"Not as much as I thought I would. The more time I spend with you, the less I care about why."
<snuffle>

What a beautiful, lyrical, waffy segment, Chris.

clap clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers