Originally Posted by cuidadora
I agree with Morgana that I like this version of Vatman better than cannon. While I could understand him rushing to Lois's defense, it never made sense to me that he'd do it as Clark. I just didn't think he'd take the risk of revealing himself to the clone.

As for Lois,it was ridiculous she would remain clueless even after she recovered from the shock of the situation. It was too obvious that only Superman could take on the clone. And I always thought she'd go over and over that encounter in her mind until she was enlightened. If nothing else because she'd be terrified for Clark.

I agree with Ken it was definitely unrealistic to keep Lois clueless in multiple situations. After the writers/producers created a strong female lead who would order Clark around and was supposed to be the best investigative reporter, I found it demeaning to have her be so clueless in such obvious situations. I did read somewhere that the pilot was planned for a series 10 pm time slot (more adult) and then the series aired during a family time 8 pm originally. Perhaps they were writing more for children at this point and thought they had to make it obvious to the audience that Clark had Superman's strength?

Great job Ken!

While I agree that it would make logical sense to go to Lois's aide as Superman, I liked the idea that Clark was so afraid of what the impostor would do that he did not even think to change, he HAD to protect Lois from the impostor regardless of the potential cost. What bugged me about the series version was that Lois was clueless that 'ordinary' Clark could fight a version of Superman to a draw but in this story that was not in play.

As I said it is a purely personal interpretation and obviously only my view...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham