Part 201

The Truth is in the Details
[…]
Part 202

Omissions
confused Were there parts omitted between pt 201 and 202?
wink

Clark had done it. He had faced his fears that Lois would reject him and told her about the other Lois… the Lois who made him Superman.

He was proud of himself.
OBI WAN: smile1 Attaboy!

So, he had fudged on some of the details… okay, a lot of the details.
They do look like Vader’s helmet does now…
[Linked Image]

Wasn’t that just as important?
LUKE: [Linked Image]

A glance to the alarm clock next to his bed informed him that his patrol had lasted into the night further than he had expected it to.
Been stuck longer in front of Lois’s apartment than he had thought? Also, fun thought, considering he checked his suit for spots.

Telling Lois that the future-her who had made him Superman wasn’t exactly her, because that her was from another dimension, he was sure would’ve been a recipe for disaster.
Provided she’d figure out the temporal grammar. Otherwise, she might get really ticked off sometime during her walk down the isle.

He could just imagine the steam coming from Lois’s ears should she learn that the other Lois was engaged to marry another him and had kissed him – this him – by mistake, setting off some kind of instinctual bonding with her, which no other woman… including his then fiancée Lana… had ever done.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
Also, rotflol

Lois was his soul mate, but he was smart enough to know better than to bring up that topic again.
Well, to be fair, she’s the wrong Lois.
LOIS: No, I’m right. He’s the wrong *Clark*!

What would her reaction be should he ever broach the subject of The Curse?
Depends whether he brings it up during the curse visiting her? peep

With his luck, the point would end up being moot.
Because he senses that he’ll soon meet Mayson and fall hopelessly in lust with her, given that she’s not cursed and a blonde?

He had lied, but then again, she had lied to him more recently.
Umm… Rule #66?

She had lied about her Luthor investigation. She had snuck behind Clark’s back, dated and became engaged to a scum of a human being without informing Clark that it was all for a story and to protect Superman or Clark, or both.
She wrote him a *note* explaining it!

and started telling lies concerning Superman.
He referring to the interview a ‘Lois Lane’ has given to LFI about Superman’s prowess in bed?

Baby steps, he told himself. Getting mad at Lois for doing the same thing he did to her was pointless.
Also, unhealthy. Particularly if she ever gets hold of some Kryptonite.

What could he do? He loved this Lois now. He couldn’t abandon her to go back to his old dimension and save that Lois as well. He
Couldn’t he live with two Loises? Wouldn’t that be fairer than leaving one Lois dead and the other without her Clark?

And what? he asked himself. Admit to her how much of jerk you really are? That was sure to win him brownie points in the ‘you just woke up your angry, soon-to-be ex-girlfriend in the middle of the night to tell her you kept something else from her’ category.
He could bring her chocolate? Or dip himself in chocolate before he wakes her up.

No more lies. Clark decided that he would tell Lois his full life story, edited for graphic content.
So, no details about how he and Lana consummated or what he thought while sleeping downstairs from the other Lois?

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I heard a sound,” she whispered.

“I’ll be right there,” he said,
I’m thinking he means that quite literally.

“Clark?” he heard almost silent reply, coming from her closet.
That can’t be healthy. But to be fair, he said he’d be ‘right there’ and yet, he walked over. That had to have taken *minutes*!

“I’m not crazy,” she whispered.

“Well, you do love me, so let’s not cross that diagnosis off our list just yet,” Clark replied.
Dr. DETER: Yes. She will need treatment in my bedroom. Erm…institution.

“What did it sound like?” he asked.
Like Lex using her bathroom?

“Like that?”

Her eyes opened wide and she nodded.

Clark turned to study the window next to him. The fire escape went down next to it.
Awwww! Is [Linked Image] showing up already?

“I meant some bad man,” Lois sniped, but he noticed the glimmer in her eye.
Couldn’t it also be a bad woman?

“Oh,” Clark said with some mock sadness, before leaning over the arm of the sofa towards her. “You like bad men?”
ANTON: wave

“Not for me!” she snapped. “How am I supposed to feel knowing that I won’t survive if we’re not together in the future? I want to know that the decisions I make are because I want them, not because it will save humanity.”
Would it help to know that she’s bound to die if they *are* together, too?

“So, I shouldn’t worry that you’re going to fly back to my college years and sweep co-ed me off my feet, should you screw up even more royally and I dump you?”
Ooooh! There’s several stories out there where he does sort of exactly that! hyper

“What kind of friend wouldn’t tell you?”
HG WELLS: wave

Lois patted his arm. “You need to get smarter friends.”
To be fair, most circles of friends are made up of persons with a similar intellect. /points at college fraternities/

“How about I just keep the smartest one I have?”

She smiled. “You aren’t losing me that easily, Chuck. You’re too handy to have around.”
He was talking about Jimbo.

Handy was good. Clark would take ‘handy’ for now.
But he’d like to be upgraded to ‘handsy’?

“But what if Superman needs me?” Lois asked innocently… far too innocently, in fact.
He’ll have to make an appointment and pay 1000 bucks, like every other john does.

come into my bedroom…” She moved her hands slowly up his chest to his shoulders. “— and strip for me?”
shock

Clark didn’t buy the line for a second. He crossed his arms. “This same friend who just admitted that even though she has forgiven me, she’s still ticked off at me? Who’s to say I won’t wake up to find someone bashing my brains in with a Kryptonite studded baseball bat? No thanks!” he said lightly.
She wouldn’t do that. She might use a wee bit of Kryptonite though to disable his powers, use his belt to tie him to the headboard, and then…umm…proceed to be naughty.

“I went through hell protecting your sorry butt, Chuck; I wouldn’t bash it in,” she returned.

He pointed to his head. “My brains are up here.”

She glared at him for a moment before a look of amazement crossed her face. “Huh.”
rotflol Also, did he just out himself as being form another dimension?
CLARK: I’m Kryptonian. That could also explain things.

“I better lock up before coming to bed, then.
shock He’s…he’s…he’s…*staying*? thud

She had tossed and turned for hours after he went to bed in her guest room, blissfully unaware that she had invited him to share her bed.
She really thinks he’s *that* stupid?
LOIS: No. But he’d have to be pretty not-attracted to me to not take what is offered. And I *am* more attractive than that.

What was the matter with that man? Did she really want to share her life with a man who was dense on more than just on a cellular level?
Maybe if she…went all Revenge on him?

Lois decided that she would face this dilemma head on. No more dancing around the subject.
Actually [Linked Image] might help.

An idea on how to do just that popped into her head, so she threw back the covers to put the plan into action.
She could ‘slip’ in the shower?

“Horribly,” she replied. “Do you want to move in together?”
jawdrop That’s…that’s… shock thud

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.