Christina, I hope the delivery goes smoothly and that both you and your child remain healthy.

Virginia, speaking as one of the first generation of "latch-key kids," I hope your children grow to appreciate just how fortunate they are to be greeted at the door each day by a loving mother. I regret that my personal circumstances only let me do the same for my son when I am on summer vacation and he has summer school.

DC, I agree with Virginia; your daughters are adorable.

There's not much new with me, but as a dear friend of mine is wont to say, "It's amazing how busy 'not much new' can keep one."

A blessing and a curse of my job is that there is always something new to learn. Right now, I'm trying to absorb what I can about Linux server administration while I develop materials for a new fall course. On the home front, I'm learning to get used to having a son who is now taller than myself and who has entered the teen years. (Fortunately, he is still sweet and well behaved; I realize that those days are probably severely numbered, and I am savoring them while they last.) I'm also starting to learn about different options for him as an adult. Although it sounds crazy-early, the time when parents of children with severe special needs to start thinking about the transition into adulthood and what the adult child's life will be like (where they will live, what service providers they will use, how their days should be spent, etc.) is when the child is about to turn 14.

Joy,
Lynn