Using Shallowford's idea of replicating the "compel to truth" part (meaning there can also be some telling them what to do and they do it as well unless it goes against their core self, in which case it just breaks) for a moment, Someone creates a BDSM tie/s that "compels people to reveal secrets and allow for some release" that apparently has become popular. At first this peaks Cat's attention and attempts it on Clark. The next day she comes into the office a little shame-faced and hands Lois the ties. When Lois accepts them, not knowing what they are, Cat asks her if she's attracted to Clark. The truth (that she is) pops out of her mouth unbidden (because the holder of the ties also is forced to truth). Trying to take it back, she only makes it worse (she thinks). Cat leans over and whispers "I suggest you try these on Clark later, you might find something super."

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)