Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/17/15 08:16 PM
The challenge is simple: Someone gets tied up in Wonder Woman's magic lasso, which compels anyone bound by it to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. (Some continuities also have a "must obey whoever's holding it" bit, but that's completely optional). So:

1. Who gets tied up?

2. What do they end up confessing?

3. Who gets to hear their confession?

Of course, we all know that none of the characters from LnC have any secrets to hide ( wink ), but I'm sure you clever FoLCs can think of something. grin
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/18/15 12:09 AM
Luthor ties up Lois and demands that she tell him who she really loves. He doesn't like the answer. (The eavesdropping superhero, however, is delighted.)
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/18/15 02:03 AM
Perry gets tied up and admits that he knows CK=S.

Lana ties up Alt-Clark and asks him about Lois. She doesn't like what she hears.

Posted By: Shallowford Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/18/15 09:23 AM
Dr. Klein investigates the lasso and manages to duplicate its properties. When Lois learns of this, she is absolutely relentless until, at his wit's end, he finally gives her a sample, which immediately makes its way into a lovely necktie for Lex Luthor.

To Luthor's extreme misfortune Lois is able to sweet-talk him into wearing that new necktie to the Mayor's Man of the Year award ceremony for Superman. He's standing in front of the mic when he voices his real thoughts about the people of Metropolis, his frustrations at his previous attempts to deal with Superman and exactly how he will crush the upstart Intergang. The police chief allows the exercise to continue for a while but has to take Luthor into custody when it is obvious that his life is in danger.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/18/15 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Shallowford
Dr. Klein investigates the lasso and manages to duplicate its properties. When Lois learns of this, she is absolutely relentless until, at his wit's end, he finally gives her a sample, which immediately makes its way into a lovely necktie for Lex Luthor.

To Luthor's extreme misfortune Lois is able to sweet-talk him into wearing that new necktie to the Mayor's Man of the Year award ceremony for Superman. He's standing in front of the mic when he voices his real thoughts about the people of Metropolis, his frustrations at his previous attempts to deal with Superman and exactly how he will crush the upstart Intergang. The police chief allows the exercise to continue for a while but has to take Luthor into custody when it is obvious that his life is in danger.

This totally needs to be written.
Posted By: Christina Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/18/15 01:26 PM
Using Shallowford's idea of replicating the "compel to truth" part (meaning there can also be some telling them what to do and they do it as well unless it goes against their core self, in which case it just breaks) for a moment, Someone creates a BDSM tie/s that "compels people to reveal secrets and allow for some release" that apparently has become popular. At first this peaks Cat's attention and attempts it on Clark. The next day she comes into the office a little shame-faced and hands Lois the ties. When Lois accepts them, not knowing what they are, Cat asks her if she's attracted to Clark. The truth (that she is) pops out of her mouth unbidden (because the holder of the ties also is forced to truth). Trying to take it back, she only makes it worse (she thinks). Cat leans over and whispers "I suggest you try these on Clark later, you might find something super."
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/18/15 11:41 PM
Lois lassos Wonder Women to find out if she's trying to steal her man.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/23/15 02:16 AM
Tempus travels to our reality and ties up fanfic writers to find out who they would pair him with. When someone says they'd pair him with Ralph, he goes back in time to prevent the Internet from being invented.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/23/15 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Tempus travels to our reality and ties up fanfic writers to find out who they would pair him with. When someone says they'd pair him with Ralph, he goes back in time to prevent the Internet from being invented.
clap Love it! lol
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/23/15 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by Annie B.

Perfect! clap notworthy
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 03/26/15 02:11 PM
Okay, been toying with an idea or two in my head. Just curious on how the lasso works. If it gets looped around someone, do they just sort of give up the fight? Do they do whatever it as that the person who captures them says (like "sit down and stop struggling")? Does it work on Wonder Woman herself?

*This is not to say that I'll necessarily get anything written soon. My ideas are sketchy, at best.
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 04/02/15 03:23 PM
I've had the beginning of a lasso story (mostly) written for a while, but the ending just fizzles out. I've written the part I find interesting, but the story should continue to some logical ending, and that's eluding me.
Posted By: Framework4 Re: Lasso Of Truth Challenge! - 05/05/15 05:13 AM
I am, very slowly, working on one where Lois has Dianna use the lasso on Lois herself.

I've long been bothered by this scene in the Smallville episode "Committed".

I really think this challenge is the perfect place to deal with it.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards