Hmmmm. I'm beginning to wonder if Lois's memories and Lois's reality are starting to get mixed up, because of Clark's reaction to her drooling at his chest.

She was still staring at the blank bathroom door, lost in her memories, when it opened and Clark emerged, fully dressed, only thirty seconds later.
First of all, I'm betting it was longer than 30 seconds. wink

She turned back and looked him up and down, sighing. He was so good-looking, so handsome, and his body was shaped in the most perfect way. Clark clearly noticed her reaction and looked down at his attire then back up at her, questioningly.
CLARK: /to self/ Did Lois just check me out? I think she did. What does that mean? It means your fly is open, doofess. Nope, just double checked. Then what was she looking at? And WHY does she keep sighing like that?

A sudden dryness in the mouth had her licking her lips. "Uh, do you have anything to drink. I'm parched." She breezed around the room and noticed a glass on the counter. She picked it up and turned to the refrigerator.

"Lois …" he began, as she reached for the handle on the refrigerator. "I … uh," he continued. She glanced back to him, when he sounded nervous. What was he nervous about?

"What?" she questioned, frowning.

"Um, well," he stuttered as she opened the door.
Now, to the fun part of a single POV story, guessing what the non-POV person is actually wanting to say / thinking. clap My guess...

Clark: Lois... I... uh... haven't washed that glass.

She *did* grab the glass off the counter. Clean ones are usually kept in the cabinet.

Then, again, back to my original point before I got distracted by a naked chest... where was I?... um... drool Huh?... what? Right.

Right! Did Lois actually kiss Clark on the neck when she woke up from her faint at Dr. Platt's?

From her dream...
"It's only six. Why don't we try and get a few hours sleep. I'll come by for you at nine."

Suddenly there was something constricting her. Tight arms held her still, held her close. She burrowed her face into the chest holding her closely. There was no worry, no fear. Even though she couldn't move she was safe. She squeezed her arms up and snaked them round his neck. Burrowing higher with her face she came upon his neck.

His arms tightened around her, if that were even possible.

Giving in to all the sensations raging through her body she parted her lips and tasted the skin at the junction of his neck and shoulder. Moving higher she found his earlobe and began to nibble.
What actually happened last night / that morning? I'm not sure Lois exactly knows. I know I don't!

Can't wait to see if Clark gets the nerve to spit out what he wanted to say in the next part.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.