Hi Susan!
Slowly catching up blush

That Old Vat of Mine
Great title!

Might is right, but he wasn’t mighty and his very existence wasn’t right.
clap

And he smiled. Because he was alive.

“Superman!”
Sounds like his clothes did not burn up upon reentry.

Where did you get that costume?”

He looked down at himself and answered honestly, “My father made it for me.”
laugh

The man’s face lit up and he thrust out his hand. “Sammy, at your service. I’m the number one agent in this town. And I know talent when I see it. Boy, you and me, kid, we could make a killing!”
/squints/ Barry?

He waggled his eyes suggestively. “Adult parties. You could book ‘em all.”
rotflol

I know guys who know guys. We can take care of that.” He stuck out his hand again. “Do we have a deal?”
He does sound like a very honest man.

“You look like a Barry to me.”
See?

like the trail of blood that must have trickled from his wounds.
But there was no blood!

Too late, she realized now: he had already fallen hard. Too late, she realized last night: he had already fallen to the floor. Too late to tell him now: she had already fallen for him.
Very clever!

Barry closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, pulling his arms tightly around her. It had been so long since he had last held her in his embrace, but the same tingle of desire glimmered through him, as if it was part of his DNA.
Oh boy.

Ladies liked him: the moms at the birthday parties, the women at the adult parties. They were all fun, and he liked having a good time.
laugh

He led her to the sofa and encouraged her to sit down, because people on television always seemed to think bad news was better delivered on comfy furniture.
Hmm…unless the receivee is currenctly strung up on a tree or over a vat of boiling oil and the mastermind is informing him that all his friends and family have died by now. That’s also a pretty decent way to deliver bad news.

He moaned softly and accepted her embrace, because kissing was fun. Barry leaned back against the arm of the couch and Lois crawled onto his lap, intent on keeping their tight connection.
Oh boy. [Linked Image]

And anyway, her lips would recognize the difference soon enough, and when that happened, he’d let her go.
If she had a sample to compare it to…

She gently brushed her fingertips over his face, caressing his cheek and staring deeply into his undisguised eyes.
I just realized, is he wearing glasses?

Barry smiled at her innocently. “I’d like to be your friend. And it would be fun to be something more.”
Down boy.

So he blurred the line and accepted the lie, even though he knew he wasn’t really Superman or Clark Kent. He was just a pale imitation who had been born in a vat.
Well…to be fair, a lot of imitations are born in vats.

Clark hadn’t considered the danger of confronting a criminal holding a gun because there was no danger; he did it every day without fear.
Also, in cartoons, all you have to do is stuff your finger into the gun, or squeeze the tip of the gun shut, or something like that. Why didn’t he try that?

And he saw Lois Lane kissing Clark Kent.
Oops?

Back later for part 2!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.