I'm hooked on this story.

This is definitely a dark chapter, and I can see why readers suggest procedure be followed. Especially due to the nature of the crime and how victims feel afterwards. Perhaps a disclaimer at the beginning of the story or chapter indicating the fictionalized story may not follow procedure and shouldn't be relied upon because rape victims need examined in the ER under stringent guidelines so the perpetrator doesn't walk away?

"I'm scared," she admitted, inching closer to him.

"I know," he said with a nod, almost afraid to touch her. He knew from several investigations that he covered, that assault victims usually feared the touch of others, especially just after the event had occurred. "But I'm here now. And I won't let anything else happen to you. I swear it."

"You always have been," she mused. "My very own, personal hero." She turned partially toward him and hugged him, snuggling into his side, her body shaking slightly, even now.

"I'm here," he said again. "I'm here."

This is beautiful and wonderful to see Lois reaching out to Clark for unconditional support (and love although she probably doesn't see that here).

"Anything you want or need is yours," Clark assured her. "Just wait here for a second."

He got up and gathered fresh towels for her - the fluffiest ones he owned - then laid her overnight bag on his bed, where she would be sure to see it. Once he was done, he returned to the living room.

"My home is yours," he announced.

"Thanks," she said as she stood.

She walked toward him and lightly put her hand on his cheek. Clark was elated by that simple gesture. Too often, victims withdrew from physical contact with others. But Lois had touched his cheek. She'd hugged him. And, what was more, she'd allowed him to hug her in return, and had seemed to genuinely take some comfort from it. That was more than enough to tell him that Lois Lane would heal from her trauma. And he would be by her side, helping her, every step of the way, if she allowed him to be.

While Lois disappeared into the bathroom, Clark kept himself busy. He cleaned the dishes in the sink, straightened up the living room, put the few scattered books back on the shelves where they belonged, and started the coffee maker. He checked his fridge and closets, looking for snacks that he knew Lois liked, and found a reserve of Double Crunch Fudge Bars that he'd nearly forgotten about, hidden in the back of one cabinet. Once he was reasonably sure that Lois was finished showering, he fixed her coffee exactly the way she liked it, and brought the drinks and snacks to the living room.

She emerged not long after, clad in red flannel pajama pants and an old gray Daily Planet sweatshirt, her hair done up in a loose and messy ponytail. As she sat on the couch, Clark handed her the mug of coffee he'd prepared for her.

"Thanks," she said distractedly. Her red eyes gave away that she'd been crying again.

"I figured you might like something comforting. I have some Double Fudge Crunch Bars too, if you'd like."

Sometimes it's the little things that show the depth of love. This section brought tears to my eyes.

"Luthor won't get away with this. I promise you. I'll make sure that he pays."

"We will," Lois corrected him, steely determination in her voice. It made Clark's heart skip a beat in gladness to hear her sounding like her old self again. "Lane and Kent, right?"

"Lane and Kent," Clark affirmed with a grim nod.

Glad to see them together as a team and Lois beginning to recover.

Looking forward to the next update.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly