And things in this story have already gotten heavy...

Still, he deemed the meal a success, in that it had been cooked to perfection, and hadn't been too exotic for Lois' more pedestrian tastes.
I like details like this that show his actual attitude towards Lois...that he sees her as beneath him. There's never a truly good explanation in the show for why Lex seems to be so obsessed with Lois. A long-lasting, toxic dosage of Revenge accounts for it nicely.

I appreciate the details you included to demonstrate that there was no misinterpretation about Lois' saying no. And I very much appreciate that Lois reported the assault to the police. One point, though: there are very specific requirements for processing rape kits. Lois would have had to have gone to a hospital so that the evidence could be collected by a specially trained nurse in a sterile environment. And the process takes several hours. RAINN.org has details about the evidence collecting procedure, or you can feel free to PM me if you want information from a survivor's perspective. I obviously don't know where you're going with this story, the kind of reality you want to it, or if this is a necessary plot point that you'd prefer to move past. Just know that I'm here to help if you have any questions.

I love that Lois' first instinct was to go to Clark - how she clearly felt such trust in him so early in their relationship that she knew it would be a safe place to go.

I really look forward to the continuation of this story.
Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink