Hi Susan!

Godzilla’s Home
[Linked Image] Tokio?

Godzilla mocked her.
Oh. Metropolis.

And the laugh – the full-out, roaring laugh – silently spilling from the child’s toy,
clap

The gall of that man! He had set her up, planted this map conveniently into her hands, knowing she would take the bait. Cruel, beyond all belief. Unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary payback.
Awww…she’s deluding herself laugh

Oh, yes, it was payback. This was a deliberate act of retribution, targeted directly at her.
TEMPUS: Duh!

She had crossed a line – the brightest, most sharply defined line in all of journalism. She hadn’t misstepped or stumbled or accidentally tripped; she had stomped on it forcefully and ground it under her heel. She had stolen his story.
To be fair, is it really stealing if he isn’t holding on to it? Is it stealing if you remove the lollipop from a baby?
LEX: Only if you have to ply the babies fingers from it.

An unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary betrayal.
I really like that theme!

knowing that she was no better than the man who had given birth to the Mad Dog. Lois Lane had screwed Clark Kent. Without the sex, of course.
So, actually Clark got the worse deal of the two?

How had he done it – worked past the fear of Mad Dog Lane that caused lesser reporters to scatter away from her war path?
CLARK: confused I was supposed to be afraid of her? /checks manual/ Huh, no, I did not deny her chocolate. I also did not date a blonde in front of her. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Except for him. Clark Kent’s mud brown eyes stared back – lovesick, pathetic puppy dog eyes, fawning in admiration. Unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary adoration.
Because she doesn’t deserve his adoration?

Or hand him the prize on a silver platter, nodding in deference and waving a white flag.
Is she referring to being…*wrong*?
LOIS: What? rotflol No. Of course not. Duh!

launched twelve inches of molded plastic, and struck his target true.
[…]He had turned her on.
jawdrop Nah. Can’t be.

Silent, deadly accuracy, aimed straight at her heart.
Awwww!

To have him see that, with one wickedly cruel joke, he had done something that few men had ever done before. He had turned her on.
Wow. I did not see that one coming. Which reminds me, I’m a tad behind FDK here. /points at other fic about Lois in danger getting her horny/

That he had put her in her place, but that her mind flashed her bedroom as that place’s location. That she wanted to march to the newsroom, surrender in defeat, and offer herself as his prize.
Huh, is this a Shades of Grey homage? Considering what’s said in the news outlets yes, this certainly could fit the bill.

God, she was pathetic. Or hard up and horny. Desperate and alone. To have those daydreams about him – the Hack from Nowheresville? Unprofessional, unwarranted, unnecessary thoughts.
Very necessary thoughts. [Linked Image]
CAT: Why I relive those thoughts with regularity.

Lois scowled at Godzilla, willing the madness away. She breathed in deeply, nearly gagging on the stench of sewage that surrounded her, marrying the odor of garbage with the mental image of Clark Kent.
Oh, so that’s how she did it. How she managed to not jump him for the next three years.

Let the hot water slide over her body in a way Superman’s hands probably never would.
Couldn’t she try ‘slipping’ in the shower and calling for Superman?

She could stand under her shower and close her eyes, letting the hot water touch her in places that Clark never would.
Maybe if she asked nicely?

A professional, warranted, necessary apology.
Awwwwwww!

And to someday be honest about her feelings for the man who had given her such a monstrously special gift.
hyper

Adorable ficlet, Susan. Mixed with unexpected naughty thoughts, too! laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.