Always take the initiative, she told herself. “Marta, honey, we need to start planning your birthday party. It’s not every year my little girl turns nine.”

Marta tolerated her mother’s hug and started on the next arithmetic problem. “We’ve got almost three months, Mother. I think we can get the job done in time as long as you don’t get yourself killed first.”

Sometimes the only time we hear the things we don't want to hear is when our children say them.

A sharp crack interrupted her sarcastic monologue. She spun and saw her husband standing in front of the closet, holding the top of her hard-shelled suitcase in one hand and the bottom in the other.

He’d snapped it in two.

He didn’t look at her as he spoke. Through gritted teeth, he said, “Don’t start that, Lois. I won’t listen to you try to justify what you did. You violated our agreement and you know it.”

More than anyone Clark knows what it is like to grow up without his biological parents. He doesn't want his children to suffer the same fate. Glad Lois finally decided to listen.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.