Howdy, y'all! Before the next chapter goes up, I'll respond to the gentle readers, with my sincere thanks.

Yes, Mike, it was a bit bi-polar. But sometimes that's how life is. As to your "continuity" comment, remember that Lois told Clark what she understood her doctors to say, and when Burton spoke with Bernie, it was more than a year later and she'd just had a baby. That's plenty of time to get more information and tighten down on their diagnosis. That's why they call it the "practice of medicine" and not just the profession of medicine. Doctors are always learning something new, and the human body still holds enough secrets for almost everybody to discover something.

Virginia, you were right about Lois' giving birth changing things. We'll see something of that in the next chapter. And did anyone notice that their new house is on Wisteria Lane? That's why Lois didn't want to appear to be a desperate housewife.

We'll also see about Lois' full-throttle-redline-the-tachometer lifestyle in the next chapter or two. (Hint: She still doesn't know how to ease off the go pedal.)

Scenes using only dialogue are hard to write because the writer can't set the mood with description. Fortunately, most of our readers are familiar enough with delivery rooms and childbirth to fill in the blanks.

My wife likes "Steel Magnolias" too. I've never seen the whole movie, just enough to know that Julia's character does not fare well.

Groobie, I can't see Clark leaving Metropolis and taking Jon with him unless Lois were to divorce him. At least, not in my fic! He promised to love, honor, and cherish her as long as they both lived, and Clark Kent is a man of his word. He loves her too much to leave.

Morgana, thanks for the smiles about Bernie. I like him too, and I wish he'd had more to do in the show. Of course, giving all the supporting characters the screen time I think they should have had would have made each episode at least two hours long. I would not have minded that, but I'm sure the network would have howled long and loud.

And please, no nail-biting that goes past the nails. I don't want to be responsible for anyone losing a finger here.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing