Talk about your bi-polar chapters. This one is definitely split.

A bit of a continuity issue or two. In Part 6, Lois explains to Clark that according to Dr Richards her liver is irrevocably damaged and her only option is a transplant which she is probably not going to get due to her blood type/cell structure. In this part he claims the liver would heal itself if it were not for Clark's aura. He also acts like she could get a transplant in a very short period of time if Clark's aura was not around to interrupt the assimilation of the new liver by her body. These two parts don't seem to be totally compatible. I almost believe this part explanation more than the Part 6 as it is more believable. I almost posted on the Part 6 FDK about the liver regeneration but did not want to get into another discussion/argument like I did with Deadley Chakram in "Clark's Heart". Also not discussed is the issue with her son. Even if Lois was willing to give up Clark for the remainder of her life to extend it would she be willing to give up her son too once he hit the late teens and his own aura began to develop and mature.

Just curious but did Lois' liver suffer damage during the pregnancy? It was not mentioned so I was confused by Dr. Richards claiming a second pregnancy would put her liver in jeopardy. If the first one did not why would the second one? Just curious...

BTW, I have to remember "Comic Book Physics". DC pulled "plot bunny" out in our discussion of "Clark's Heart" but Comic Book Physics is much better...

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 12/30/14 11:13 AM. Reason: Pregnancy liver issues

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham