Merry Christmas, y'all! Here's some feedback to your feedback. It should fit snugly inside an average-sized stocking.

KenJ, you're very perceptive. And what will she do with this information?

groobie, all I will say is that things don't turn out like they did in canon. (By the way, "cannon" is a weapon - which might also be both useful and appropriate in this story at some future date.)

Mike M, I may throw you a curve on the relationship. I don't always monkey with the Lois/Clark stuff - just usually.

Virginia, we'll see very quickly why Superman thinks he can't stay in Metropolis. I won't leave that thread hanging for long. And I promise that the next part of the conversation is in the next post.

She also tells him how he deduced what she has deduced. Maybe she knows, maybe she doesn't, although I don't think you'd believe me if I said here that she was still in the dark.

I also thought it would be apparent that Clark and Lois couldn't have a deep-heart-to-heart with Buffy hanging around. After all, the chapter begins with Buffy leaving Lois alone for the afternoon for the very first time.

Glad you liked Buffy's cameo. I put Lois' laugh in to show that the two women had grown to trust and genuinely like each other. And friends can tease friends, can't they?

Yeah, Karen's a bit of a live wire. But it's understandable. She's working with half of The Hottest Team In Town and she wants to learn as much as she can while impressing Clark and trying to be his friend. And for those concerned about a possible Clark/Karen ship - not gonna happen.

Mike, I'm sorry you're not a big fan. But you have every right to like what you like. I have no problem with it. In my defense, though, bad things happen to good people all the time, and none of us gets out of life alive. I have a hard time reading stories (not just L&C) where the main characters never face any real problems, never have to overcome serious obstacles, and never grow and learn. Every time a person overcomes a trial, that person grows and learns and can help someone else through that kind of trial. Believe me, Clark and Lois both grow and learn in this story.

DebbieG, we get to some lemonade very soon. Just remember that with lemonade, you get the bitter with the sweet.

Next chapter up tonight!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing