I'm glad Lois is keeping busy. Wow, that's some awful recovery. So, no little flesh wound for Lois. You had to change her life entirely. Apparently, Clark was hovering around (according to Buffy) in the beginning, but not enough for Lois to actually see and talk to him? He'll blame himself forever for Lois being shot.

So, why can't Clark stay in Metropolis? Is it because Lois was shot on Superman's watch? Is it because he loves her but doesn't think she'll ever allow herself to love him? Is it because he can't stand to see Lois no longer be "Mad Dog Lane" and blames himself for her now-safer lifestyle? Or is there some other reason that doesn't have anything to do with Lois?

How did Lois find out? I don't think it was prior to being shot. I don't think there was that cupping of the jaw move he made in canon, which had given him away. Or was it simply that she was given second sight, a second moment with which to see the man standing before her clearly enough to finally see him?

I hope Mike's wrong and you won't jump forward in time in the next part without addressing the rest of this conversation.

I have to say, you had some great lines in this part. I loved Buffy, but then I'm a big Slayer fan. smile

“Great! He and I will do rock-paper-scissors to see who makes the soup and sandwiches. Who knows, I may just let him win.” She dropped a big wink at Lois. “I do enjoy being served dinner by such a handsome man.”
I'm going to have to agree with Buffy here; although, I was quite perplexed on why Lois found this funny.

The best part about the whole idea, though, was that Lois could continue to campaign for truth and justice in her own way.

Truth and justice. That reminded her of Superman.

She hadn’t spoken directly to him since the day they’d confronted Jace Mazik and Nigel St. John. Clark had delivered a couple of messages to him from Lois and brought one back from him, but the Man of Steel hadn’t come by himself. Poor thing, she thought, he probably blames himself for me getting hurt.
This section tells us that Lois didn't know at this point about Clark's big secret.

“Ha-ha-ha! How many times has she told you all that?”

“I’ve lost count. Karen is bright, hard-working, enthusiastic, willing to take direction, attentive, very intelligent, but I cannot for any amount of money or level of threat get her to shut up!”
Sounds like Karen's driving him batty. No wonder he HAS to leave Metropolis. He HAS to get away from his new partner.

With this left turn, I have no idea where you're heading in the next 9 parts. Should be an interesting ride.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.