KathyB:

As usual, I'm late to the party! So let me add my two cents worth of happy comments.

With a curious look, Lois tore off the red paper, and then pulled the lid off the box to reveal a cream colored wool scarf. “Oh,” she gasped. “It’s beautiful!”

“Keep going; there’s more.”

Indeed, under the scarf was a matching hat and pair of mittens. Lois immediately wrapped the scarf around her neck and put the mittens on her hands with a happy laugh. “They’re wonderful! And so soft! Thank you.”

“Everything is made from merino wool, so it should keep you warm, even in eighteen inches of snow. I finished them last month and put them away for safe keeping.” Martha laughed. “I guess I kept them too safe.”

As a knitter it was thrilling to read about the fruits of Martha's labors. She really is cool! Lois' reaction is on point as well, folks are touched when they receive a warm, handmade scarf. dance

Lois smiled as she noticed Clark working on the far end of the path, his shovel lifting the snow off the ground before tossing it to one side. He’d clearly been busy in the time it had taken her to get dressed – she could have sworn that it hadn’t taken her more than ten minutes to brush her teeth and add a pair of long underwear under her jeans, but the long walkway between the house and the barn was nearly clear.

Having super strength helps a lot when shoveling snow!

“Oh … Kimberly!”

What! He better have a good excuse for calling her that. help Lois' middle name is Joanne. Maybe there is a cow wandering around the field and needs a little assistance? On to the next part!

Oh yeah, no flying tomatoes!!! smile1

Last edited by Morgana; 12/19/14 07:08 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.