I definitely loved the story. And the ending, totally like I was hoping for, was completely romantic and wonderful. Hate to see it end. I was really looking forward to you posting today, and read it the first moment I was able to wink...

Of course, he was no longer a child and could now appreciate the benefits of cuddling in a completely different way. Lois had curled up on the couch with her hot chocolate after dinner, and when Clark had joined her, she’d shyly offered to share her blanket with him. He still remembered how his heart skipped a beat when he’d chanced wrapping his arm around her shoulders and she’d responded by immediately snuggling into his embrace. And when their hands had found each other’s under the covers and their fingers had intertwined … well, it’d been all he could do to keep himself from floating out of pure joy.

This was pure joy to read. You totally captured that 'newness' and excitement that they are feeling love.

As he noticed her shivering, Clark kicked himself for not paying better attention to the time. When he’d swept his heat vision through Lois’s and his parents’ bedroom as they’d readied for bed, he’d made a mental note to repeat the action every few hours throughout the night to make sure they’d stay comfortable. But he’d gotten so caught up in his own daydreams and enjoyment of the fire that he’d completely forgotten.

So thoughtful of Clark. Great idea, Kathy clap

“Mmm, but this one is soft … and it smells like you,” she replied with a smile, sleepily rubbing her cheek against it.

Clark’s heart skipped a beat as the intimacy of her statement filtered into his brain. “Then … I’m happy to let you have it,” he responded, a little breathless. “I can use this one.”

Her gaze flickered to his. “Or we could share.” Then she ducked her head, blushing a little. “If you want."

This part was adorable. 'They' are so new, but yet, are such close friends. Such a fun/exciting time to enjoy reading about hyper

Her eyes danced in the firelight. “Would this be a date?

Yes. Yes! YES! It's a date thumbsup

Her mouth curved into a happy smile. “Yes. I’d really like that, Clark.”

Woo-hoo! party

Feeling as if he might burst with happiness, Clark finally closed the distance between them, unwilling to let anything else stop him. Gently at first, his lips caressed hers, but it wasn’t long before they each released a quiet whimper and slowly took the kiss deeper. When their mouths finally separated, Clark dipped his forehead to hers, trying to calm his racing heart.

“Wow,” Lois breathed, her voice coming in soft pants as she ran her fingers through his hair. “That was …”

“Yeah?” he answered, equally breathless.

“Definitely worth not waiting any longer to repeat,” she finished, recapturing his mouth with hers

What a wonderfully WAFFy moment. Loved it!

Lois shoulders shook with suppressed laughter. “What about the year your parents bought you the goat?”

He groaned on a laugh. “You’re never going to let me live that down, are you?”

“Nope.” She just giggled more. “Never

Great dialog to bring the goat back into the conversation. rotflol. He's definitely never going to live that down!

He growled playfully and rolled her to her back. “You’re just lucky I’m crazy about you.”

She was smiling as she looked at him, her eyes reflecting his joy back at him. “Yeah, I am,” she murmured, stroking his cheek. “Because this has been the most wonderful, fabulous, amazing Christmas I’ve ever had, too.”

Sighing happily, Clark nuzzled his nose against hers before lovingly capturing her lips once more.

He was no longer a kid, and it wasn’t Christmas Eve … but in front of the fire in the living room was still his favorite place

Perfect way to end it! But now it's over mecry. I agree with Lynn--goodbye, old friend.

Definitely will be reading this one again during the holidays down the road clap...

Thanks so much--really enjoyed it!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 12/17/14 04:43 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~